“You go to a conference for two reasons, education and networking. The education can be done virtually but the networking… you need that hug, or to belly up to the bar. We all need that human connection and we’re missing that.”
With meetings looking like they may be staying virtual for some time to come, how do you work at getting booked with a speakers bureau? On this episode of The Wealthy Speaker Podcast, we invited Tim Mathy of SpeakInc to talk about how bureaus are working through the pandemic and what they’re looking for that will help you get noticed.
Tim is a senior partner with SpeakInc Speakers Bureau, which over the last twenty-five years has become the largest and fastest-growing non-exclusive bureaus in the country. Tim has been with SpeakInc for over 20 years and lectures from time to time on topics ranging from ethics in the speaker bureau industry to selecting the perfect speaker for your conference.
Highlights you won’t want to miss:
- Why the bureaus have such a large database of speakers. [2:00]
- How the pandemic has affected the bureaus. [5:00]
- So many contract revisions! [9:00]
- Real relationships are formed at the bar. [16:00]
- Invest in good equipment for virtual presentations. [22:00]
- You must have a great demo reel. [25:00]
- What makes a speaker stand out? [28:00]
- Getting your foot in the bureau door. [35:00]
Over the years, Tim has delivered talks and seminars at industry events for groups such as the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), Meeting Professionals International (MPI), and The National Speakers Association (NSA). Tim also serves on the Board of Governors for the International Association of Speakers Bureaus (IASB).
If you think you’re ready for a speakers bureau and want some great advice on how to get your foot in the door, you simply can’t afford to miss this episode!
I hope you’ll listen and learn!
JOIN US ON CLUBHOUSE!