I recently sat next to a speaker at a CAPS Chapter meeting who had been in the business for over 30 years. But recently, his health had become an issue. He was not able to get on a plane anymore. Without revenue beyond speeches, his work (and potentially his income) were in jeopardy.
No doubt by now many of you have been thinking about creating revenue beyond speeches. Online training perhaps? Maybe membership platforms?
I have to say, I’m thoroughly on board with lowering the percentage of your revenue that involves your time.
And it’s arrived for me. I’m in the throws of revamping my own business to lower the number of coaching calls I do every month. This was brought on because my calendar has been so insane lately, I actually was starting to think I wouldn’t be able to take a vacation. (If you know me at all, you’ll know that this is UNACCEPTABLE!) I run my business, it doesn’t run me.
So what’s the solution? Well, for me it’s going to be an 8 week course that provides weekly coaching with me and a ton of great value. Our focus will be “Acceleration”.
You might consider a course like this as well. But a few of the things you’ll need to decide first:
1. Who is the market you want to help?
2. What is the problem you want to help them solve?
3. How are you going to get your message out to this market? (If you already have a large following, this makes it much easier. If not, you you might consider social media ads.)
4. How long do you want your course to be? (Keep in mind that people want results quickly.)
5. What will the elements of your course be (audio, video, reading, etc)?
6. How will you fill your sales funnel? (Often these things begin with a webinar).
There are many programs out there that help you walk through the launch of an online program. But buyer beware. I can say that I’m 25% of the way through the course that I’m currently taking and I already have my money’s worth. (And please note, having a team to help put all of this together is almost essential – there are a lot of moving parts).
So stay tuned to see all of this unfold in my world. And drop me a line here on the blog if you have questions or comments about how to scale your business.
See you soon Wealthy Speakers!