Quote: “It’s important that when we’re telling the stories of our business, that it’s not just told from one lens. That’s what really gives us the diversity of voices.” Evolve Benton
With all that’s happened in the past year (and quite frankly, since the beginning of time), I think we’ve been learning that we all need to work harder to create a more inclusive world. I can say that I have been trying to improve diversity in my business, on my podcast and when planning events. So, when I was introduced to Evolve Benton, I thought, who better to inspire and educate us to help build a more inclusive world in speaking?
Evolve Benton (pronouns: they, them, theirs, or my name) is the Equity and Inclusion Manager at the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine. Evolve has a passion for social justice. Evolve identifies as a black, queer, boi (born obviously incredible). Evolve is a prominent writer, speaker & racial justice educator.
Highlights you won’t want to miss:
- Finding an authentic name. [1:00]
- Pronouns, not just for LGBTQ. [3:30]
- Growing up and finding myself. [5:30]
- Creating a more inclusive speaking industry. [9:00]
- The diversity of stories makes an impact. [13:00]
- There’s room for everyone on the platform. [16:30]
- Looking through a different lens. [20:00]
- Supporting speakers through the pandemic. [22:00]
Evolve is a speaker and educator who inspires audiences to think about questions of performance, diversity and inclusion. Listed as Yahoo Finance Top 10 Public Speaking Coaches in 2020, they are the founder of Speaking 4 Profit Academy.
If you believe that everyone deserves to have their voice be heard and you want to help establish real change, you simply can’t afford to miss this episode!
I hope you’ll download and learn.